Before starting her next round of treatment (tomorrow), Carol wanted to get away for a bit. Although a bigger trip to someplace warm was out, she was feeling good enough for us to head to Ottawa for the weekend. On Saturday, we donned most of the layers we own, walked to the Rideau Canal, laced up our skates, and skated about 5 miles. On Sunday, we put many of those layers back on, laced up our sneakers, jogged to the Rideau Canal, and ran the same distance on the canal. It felt like a dream.
Jeff, thanks for the skates -- I tried to be worthy of them.
fun! nice smiles!
ReplyDeleteYou two are the level best. I love this picture so much. I also love how it feels to skate in a layer of snow. You must have been roaring laughing the whole way!
ReplyDeleteMiss you, you crazy kids!
Love
Karen