Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Universe in Motion

Your spirit, your spunk, the expressiveness in your eyes, the "I'll pay you!" when the dog needs to go out in winter, your passion for connection, the pre-vet in you, true grit, mile 24, your infectious excitability, "I look so stoopid!" to every picture ever taken of you, our beautiful baby girl -- I could go on and on about the qualities that make you the person you are, the things that make us love you. In fact, I might. Just not right now.

Carol goes Monday to have a port put in for her next treatment. Up until now, Margaret has had to find a vein each time before hooking up the IV. Once the port is in place, she will just hook the IV line up straight through the port, taking needles out of the picture, which will be a relief.  This next round will begin on Tuesday. It will be a new treatment, so Carol's not sure how it will make her feel.  Right now, though, she feels good (well, actually, right now she's asleep); she's planning to head out cross-country skiing later today. Not a ton of snow out there, but enough. I'm sure it will be enough.

After a bit of a rough Thursday, Friday evening she was visibly in a much better place, saying, "I am just feeling so loved by my friends."  Really, to all of you, family and friends alike -- I could go on and on about the qualities that make you the people you are, the things that make us love you. In fact, I might.  Just not right now. Just know that I thank you every day for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave a note of support or encouragement? Thanks.