Friday, August 8, 2014

Treatment -- Round 2

Hi everyone,


It's now been a little over 3 weeks since Carol's surgery.  In that time, I've only had to scold her once or twice (or a few more times) not to overdo things.  If you know her, you know that she has a hard time with waiting.  We'll just say that she's enthusiastic.

After getting the green light from the doctors that she hadn't been overdoing it too much, Carol started the second round of her treatment yesterday.  Luckily, this time around, she has an idea of how it will make her feel, so she's more prepared.  I know that she would much rather be getting ready to head to North Carolina to help Sarah, Jon, and Harper with the imminent arrival of baby Bruce, or meeting with her 100-on-100 group to take care of last-minute arrangements.  I am just so awed by how she's handling all of this.

Neither she, nor I, could be doing any of this without the phenomenal support of you, our friends and family. Even if we don't take you up on it, because we haven't figured out yet how to do that without feeling like we're imposing, thank you so much for every offer.  Thank you for that, and for so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave a note of support or encouragement? Thanks.